Question: So how bad was the Heat’s blowout loss in Game 3?
Answer: Really effing bad.
It got so bad that
- Gary Neal and Danny Green scored 51 points collectively, and the entire Miami Heat starting lineup scored 43.
- The San Antonio Spurs set an NBA Finals record for most three pointers made in a game. They made 16 three pointers. Danny Green personally made 9. The Miami Heat, as a team, only made 8.
- Here’s a list of the biggest blowouts in NBA Finals history. Miami’s 36 point loss comes in third-worst of all time, after Utah’s 42 point stinker versus Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls in Game 3 of the 1998 Finals, and the Celtics’ 39 point blowout of the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 6 of the 2008 Finals.
- LeBron had a plus/minus of -32. That’s the third worst plus/minus for the last 15 NBA Finals. Kobe had a plus/minus of -35 in 2008, Lamar Odom had a plus/minus of -34.
- Additionally, Dwyane Wade had a plus/minus of -29. So that’s two of the top four worst plus/minus ratings form the last 15 NBA Finals. Ouch.
- Stephen Curry made a Vine video that made fun of LeBron. The video starred Curry’s daughter dunking on a play basketball hoop, and Stephen Curry pointing out that his daughter now had half as many points as LeBron. (LeBron had four points at halftime.
- The Heat grabbed 36 total rebounds. The Spurs grabbed 33 defensive rebounds.
- It was so bad that this was Erik Spoelstra’s face during the fourth quarter.
- And now, after Game 3, I can’t even sarcastically say this: