We are down to the final 27 people. How did we get 27? Well, we eliminated anyone with less than 20 votes. So come on and vote for the 20 Greatest People in Miami Heat History.
Who are the most important people in Miami Heat history? You will vote from now until August when we will publish the final results. You can vote for up to 20 people and as many times as you want.
This is an important question, as the Heat have been to four NBA Finals in eight seasons, and have won three. This franchise that was born in 1988 is well on its way to joining the likes of the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls and NBA royalty.
The Heat has two members in the NBA Hall of Fame — Pat Riley and Gary Payton. And Gary Payton doesn’t count, really.
The Heat has had nine people selected to the NBA All-Star game either as a player or coach: Dwyane Wade (9x), Alonzo Mourning (5x), Shaquille O’Neal (3x), LeBron James (3x), Chris Bosh (3x), Tim Hardaway (2x), Anthony Mason (1x), Stan Van Gundy (as coach in 2005) and Erik Spoelstra (as coach in 2013).
LeBron James won two MVP’s as a member of the Heat, as well as two Finals MVP’s. Wade has one Finals MVP and a Scoring Title. Alonzo Mourning is the only player to win Defensive Player of the Year, winning it twice.
Pat Riley won NBA Coach of the Year in 1997, and Executive of the Year in 2011.
So, with that, let’s get to it! Vote for up to 20 people and submit.
YOU GET TO VOTE ON THE 20 MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN MIAMI HEAT HISTORY.
Who are the most important people in Miami Heat history?
- Dwyane Wade (77%, 141 Votes)
- Pat Riley (74%, 134 Votes)
- LeBron James (69%, 125 Votes)
- Alonzo Mourning (62%, 112 Votes)
- Erik Spoelstra (55%, 100 Votes)
- Micky Arison (51%, 92 Votes)
- Chris Bosh (47%, 86 Votes)
- Tim Hardaway (47%, 86 Votes)
- Udonis Haslem (47%, 86 Votes)
- Shaquille O'Neal (45%, 82 Votes)
- Ray Allen (39%, 71 Votes)
- Glen Rice (35%, 64 Votes)
- Shane Battier (29%, 53 Votes)
- Mario Chalmers (28%, 51 Votes)
- Mike Miller (26%, 48 Votes)
- Rony Seikaly (24%, 43 Votes)
- P.J. Brown (19%, 34 Votes)
- Dan Majerle (18%, 33 Votes)
- Gary Payton (18%, 33 Votes)
- Chris Andersen (18%, 32 Votes)
- Eddie Jones (18%, 32 Votes)
- Bob McAdoo (18%, 32 Votes)
- Stan Van Gundy (17%, 31 Votes)
- Ron Rothstein (15%, 28 Votes)
- Steve Smith (14%, 25 Votes)
- Eric Reid (13%, 24 Votes)
- Tony Florentino (13%, 23 Votes)
Total Voters: 182
Topics: Miami Heat