Here are today’s most interesting stories about the Miami Heat from around the Web.
- Bleacher Report’s Ethan Skolnick wrote an interesting column on how a Udonis Haslem trade would have impacted the Heat.
Takeway: I know, I’ve long been critical of neo-Haslem for his lack of mobility and effectiveness on offense. The players point out that chemistry is as important as stats.
- Dwyane Wade confirmed reports of Alonzo Mourning being inducted to the Hall of Fame via Twitter.
Takeaway: You can read it here.
- Playoff tickets go on sale today on the team’s website.
- Michael Wallace of ESPN.com wrote a great piece of Pat Riley’s approach to building the Heat.
Takeway: The piece hits on Riley’s foresight to see the possibilities of the summer of 2010 and how he maneuvered many parts to make sure the Heat were set up for a run at LeBron, Bosh and others. The three best front offices are the Heat, Spurs and Thunder. The Thunder build in the draft, and the Spurs are built on two oversees players, and the Heat are built in free agency. This proves that there is no “right way” to build a team. Well, other than just getting talent any way you can.
- Ray Allen is coming back from the flu, and has lost weight.
Takeaway: It will take a while for him to shake off the sickly rust.