The Miami Heat are reportedly interested in J.J. Barea, but fans hate that guy.
There are two kinds of ideas. Good ones and bad ones. Signing former Dallas Mavericks guard and Miami Heat frustrater J.J. Barea, would fall under the bad ideas.
As ESPN reports, the Heat are interested in signing the guard who famously drove fans crazy during the 2010 NBA Finals.
That $3 million figure seems appropriate, since that will be about how much money the Heat could have in their exception this offseason. If the Heat were to trade Mario Chalmers, Barea could hypothetically bolster the guard rotation.
However, Barea is not a good defender or 3-point shooter, something the Heat need to add this off-season. Last season, he averaged 7.5 points and 3.4 assists per game while shooting 42 percent from the field including 32.3 percent from 3-point range.
The Heat can find a better fit than Barea, and definitely someone who wouldn’t be booed every time he was on the court. I mean, remember this nonsense?
More from All U Can Heat
- Miami Heat Sign A Possible Gem In Omer Yurtseven
- Miami Heat: Their ability to win over the last quarter-century is insane!
- Miami Heat: Tempers Flare As They Manhandle 76ers In Impressive Fashion
- Miami Heat: AUCH Roundtable on preferred first-round opponent scenario
- Miami Heat: They likely end up with 5th seed in NBA Playoffs